Backing up your data …

I back up to two external hard drives every month or so, or whenever the urge takes me. I keep one in our safe and the other in my ‘toy cupboard’.

I use Backup/File History for one of them but, for some reason, Windows won’t let me use that for the other one as well (?) so I use FreeFileSync for that. They both work very well.

In the interim, I back up individual files, pictures, etc. to One Drive. I used to do the same to Dropbox as well, but they recently changed their appearance and made it a bit more fiddly, so I don’t use that any more, and try to remember to back up to the hard drives more frequently instead.

Inspirational photographer was once asked:

Q. what is your best photo?

A. I haven’t taken it yet.

That’s attitude. :icon_cool:

I have nothing but photos by the thousands, they’re in the clouds, best place for them. They are better organised up there, easier to find. I can email and/or post links to pics & albums …

What’s on my pc is worse case scenario back up.

The link below was found on my desktop courtesy of Siri, usually I have seen whatever is found by this intelligent Apple application but not this time. The article is about cloud storage, anyone who is interested in knowing what cloud storage actually is might find this a good read: