Babycham on the way back

Babycham, the sweet pear cider aimed at women in 1970s English pubs, is being relaunched by its inventor’s grandchildren. The retro perry, which was the first alcoholic drink to be advertised on British TV and became famous for its camp baby deer logo, sold more than 144 million bottles in 1977 but has since fallen out of fashion. For 14th-generation booze-maker Matthew Showering, whose grandfather came up with the recipe 70 years ago, the drink shares the same “elite pedigree” as champagne: “In Somerset,” he tells The Observer, “landowners gave the farmers the cider, and kept the perry for themselves.” Gert lush :pear::champagne:
The Knowledge

I was allowed to drink this as a kid

1 Like

Can’t wait. I loved it.

1 Like

It tastes even better mixed with brandy … hic

3 Likes

I had a pk of 4 over Christmas,it is alot sweeter than i remember,still went down well though.
I enjoyed a Cherry B too.

2 Likes

Blimey, that takes me back. Three or four of those would almost guarantee a pair of nylons over your arms :wink:

3 Likes

Babycham, in fact all Perry, makes me giggly, don’t know why, I blame the bubbles ….

1 Like

Same here Maree, I love the stuff…
:cocktail:

1 Like

We could giggle together! :cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:

2 Likes

I can see an Over fifties Forum Babycham party coming on :grinning:

1 Like

I thought it was just for young teen girls and old women :grinning:

1 Like

Steady on… it’s not even eight in the morning yet.
I’m still on my third coffee :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

2 Likes

It was always served with a cocktail cherry :cherries:

If the chap you were with was a bit flush I had it with brandy actually I might try that again tonight takes me back to when I was young :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Okay, but I’ll not be wearing my fishnets and suspenders😇

2 Likes

My place or yours?

3 Likes

I always wanted to try a snowball. Is that babycham and advokat?

1 Like

Not that I heard . Classic pub snowball was lemonade and lime juice over ice,topped up with advocat.
Loved it .
Never cared what Babycham was made from ,just liked it !

3 Likes