Australia to London Direct Flight Announced

There was a rather odd travel announcement, QANTAS will fly direct from London to Darwin with no stop over needed (they can’t reach Sydney or Melbourne) presumably a traveler then uses a domestic flight

This will start in November when the International Borders open.

Is this your idea, Smiffy?

@Bruce What part of Australia are you in by the way? :smiley:

Its a 4000km drive from Darwin

Some really fantastic names of places in Australia. We get Outback Truckers on Freeview TV and some of the places they go to usually in the middle of nowhere have such wonderful names. Hardy bunch are these guys also.

Do we? Which channel shows this? I like places in the middle of nowhere. :+1: Although I watched Wolf Creek and was a bit worried…

Quest HD 10:00pm Fri.

Don’t worry it’s perfectly safe

3 Likes

Charming…! :worried:

Yes it was.:)I thought it would be safer for the rest of us.

1 Like

Like I feel sure many of us here in the UK, on our very small island by comparison, I never realised the actual vastness of Australia. The 4000km (2485 miles) you mention is about four times the length of the UK (that is about an 800-mile drive). That experience of vastness is just one of the many things I missed out on not emigrating to Australia 50 odd years ago. If only the clock could be turned back!
:slightly_frowning_face: :grinning:

I wonder if this is why my son who is coming back to live in the U.K. soon, asked his sister about getting to my house from Heathrow airport.
I thought it was because he usually flies via Dubai and they are on the Covid restriction list?

I’m not sure, l will have to check on this. It may have been because it was a cheaper option?

!7 hours +.
:grimacing:
I’ve done Heathrow to Tokyo a few times which is under 12 hours and that was bad enough; I really wouldn’t fancy over seventeen hours in one go but I can understand why some people might want or need to do it all in one go.
Rather them than me.

I like the way they change a blow-out tyre with ignited petrol to ‘blow’ it, the new casing, firmly to seat it properly onto the rim :+1:

1 Like