Artificial Sweeteners danger

I just treat myself to a small bottle of EC now instead of a coffee. :wink:

let’s face it, anything we love is bad for us!
Chocolate, bread, cakes, crisps, full fat milk, chips, pastry, biscuits, creamy yoghourts, cream, cheese, pizza - I had better stop there!

I love salads, fish, lean meats, vegetables but they just don’t fill me up. My husband says the same.

1 Like

Well there we go!

Don’t forget white bread fried in bacon fat or lard, goes well with quality sausages, bacon, tinned plumb tomatoes and load of salt and pepper :wink:

Well, I like the orange juice. But the rest? No chocolate, no crisps, no full fat milk, no yoghurt, no pizza. Yes, salads pretty much every day, fish, lean meats and vegetables…
But I do like a beer…

1 Like

Whiskey Galore?

Glenmorangie but infrequently.

1 Like

None of my vitamins use aspartame.
I might not eat all things that are healthy for me but I don’t intentionally take a known poison

1 Like

The older I get the more I am like my parents.

They ate pretty much what they fancied and lived to 85 and 97 and both enjoyed life until their last year really.

They both loved veggies, salad and meat and fish. Fish and chips was a treat every few weeks but they looked forward to it. They both put on weight in their middle age but were very healthy. They never had a BBQ in their lives! They didn’t smoke or drink but they did like sweet things.

My Mum saw a consultant when she was about 93 and he said “if I get to your great age and I am only on a couple of paracetamol a day like you, I will consider myself a very lucky man.”

1 Like

I’d stop using a sweetener in tea and coffee but it’s-part-a-me now. :icon_rolleyes:

1 Like

I like a couple of Beers, and intend to keep doing so, until none of my carers will fetch them anymore :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes