Are you successful growing indoor plants?

I live in a ground floor unit which gets very little direct sunlight.
No direct sunlight until 1pm - in the summer.
No sunshine through the windows in the winter
Any suggestions as to what plants I might try?

1 Like

I never seem to have as much success with houseplants as i do with garden plants.
So many end up in the green recycling bin, which is annoying - houseplants are not cheap to buy here, so it would be nice if they survived!

One plant that seems to thrive no matter how hard i try to kill it :grinning: is the snake plant. It outgrows it’s pot very quickly, so you have to divide and propogate - then you’ll have lots of them all over the place.
They don’t seem to need much sunlight either.

Spider plants seem to be fine as well.
These days you can buy some amazing artificial plants which look so real - i have a couple myself, it’s a secret though.

2 Likes

I had The Christmas Plant for two year , but went down hill soon after Christmas , I believe i may have watered it too much …
I have another plant which im not sure of the name varigated long leaves off a trunk , im keeping that in the bathroom and on the dry side , but ive notice small black flies , …

I bought a Chive plant , kept it on the window sill to help myself to the stalks , i had one meal out of it and then it got covered in black mites , bined it . I have more success with outdoor plant growing .

3 Likes

More the converse here.
‘Outdoor Plants’ are the most. Successful growing ‘Indoors’.[Conservatory]
Miss Ivy & Miss le Toes. Fault.
They like the smell of my Pizzas. :wink: :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m rubbish with plants, they just die or I forget to water them

Which makes it so amazing I’ve managed to keep this one alive

It was a retirement gift from my son and even at the beginning I was looking for one the same in the garden centre so I could secretly replace it when I killed it off!

But no, it’s survived, my one and only, I think it must just be a bit of a bruiser!

3 Likes