Architecture, add any

@DianneWoollie. I made plans to visit Sopot just to see that house but corona hit and spoiled everything. There’s something “Lazy Town” about it. Perhaps one inspired the other? Where’s the one in France located?

1 Like

Reminds me of Edinburgh.

1 Like

I found this ages ago in France and have forgotten where it was now…but it did amaze me and still does…carved into a Cliff…

4 Likes

I have seen them just need to track them down…this one has slight bends to it
bendy building

4 Likes

I lived in Freiburg i. Breisgau once upon a time. It’s a small city on the edge of the Black Forest. In fact, it was the home of the composer Horst Jankowski ”Walk In the Black Forest”. HORST JANKOWSKI - A WALK IN THE BLACK FOREST - YouTube

Anyway, there is an impressive Cathedral (the Freiburger Münster) in the centre of the town with a unique feature. Not all gargoyles are what they seem. This one, so the story goes, is the architect’s expression of his dislike for a specific owner/resident of one of the buildings surrounding the Cathedral - and when it rains …… !!! :grinning:

Freiburger Münster 2

5 Likes

4 Likes

I have only just seen this.

What a beautiful thread! Thank you.

1 Like

There’s usually some lovely buildings in cemeteries. As I’ve got a funeral to attend on Weds, and there might be some interesting architecture, perhaps someone on here might persuade the boss to reinstate my ability to post piccies (for a start, as a measure of good faith and Christmas generosity and peace to all mankind :wink::blush:)?

1 Like

P1050868
P1050896

P1050895
P1050966

3 Likes

I recognise two of those Tiff. My Kids used to call the RAC building the alien spaceship.
The Morrison’s warehouse is designed to make it look like fields from a distance. It actually works until you start to get closer.

The diagonal stonework on the clock tower looks like it could be steps for a resident mouse family.

The Skylon Tower at Niagara Falls.

Another view of the Royal Crescent, Bath.

A bridge too far. The footbridge at Filey is too big for the railway station.

1 Like

I want one!

3 Likes

The carver even got it anatomically correct too …ya couldn’t miss! :wink::+1:

2 Likes

a stone church

2 Likes

Just a small part of a Roman Palace near to my home. . . Fishbourne R P.

1 Like

Trouble with your neighbour(s)? :grin:

There are many preserved stave churches in Norway. This one is the Borgund Church in Lærdalen built around 1200 AD.

1 Like

We saw it being built & nick-named it Morrison’s Lego land, because that is what it looks like from the M5. The colours are Lego bricks. :grinning:

1 Like

Have seen similarly classes buildings round here somewhere, but can’t put my finger on precisely where. Maybe somewhere in Trafford Park (industrial estate), or Mcr Met Uni.

Will feedback, hopefully with a piccie if Azz ever gets round to lifting these restrictions, as and when…

3 Likes

Pick out which one you want to live in… :eyes: :dizzy_face:

China…naturally

2 Likes

haunted house at the beach of Biaritz
Haunted House at the Beach of Biaritz

2 Likes