Anyone done Metal Detecting or Mudlarking

I don’t think.its illegal.to catch fish in park ponds and the likes providing that you are following the rules of numbers and sizes of fish caught and of course you have a valid fishing licence which you should have if you are 13 or over, but there may be local bylaws in place

When fishing in licenced waterways, I’m pretty sure you are supposed to return the fish you catch, you are not allowed to take them away and eat them. :018:

1 Like

Maybe, I was just basing my comments on what I read on the gov.uk website as I thought they might know what UK laws were but possibly not.

I live in Scotland where you require written permission of the authority/land owner to fish.

1 Like

Although I very much doubt that these Eastern Europeans have fishing licenses, in which case they can hardly be accused of breaking their terms and conditions. :thinking:

1 Like

True lolol

That towpath is just begging to be explored Boot, absolutely beautiful, minus the anglers of course…Could that have been a fishing match? I avoid walking the towpaths at the weekends, what with Kids, cyclists, dogs and Anglers…
:frowning_face:

Yes, that’s bad enough without jogging pensioners. :smiley:

:hugs:

4 Likes

I was probably a little harsh about cyclists Harbal…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

As a deprived child, I’d collect fossils found in River Severn mud.

1 Like

There’s this old bloke I sometimes see on one of the cycle track near me. He goes running, but it is more of a serial stumbling in a forward direction. And I always encounter him coming towards me, regardless which direction I’m going in. I reckon he must be in his eighties by the look of him, and he’s really small and frail. What strikes you most about him is the look of sheer distress on his face. :grimacing:

1 Like

Anything of great Interest d00d ?

Have you heard of Deadmans Island Kent , this is where the Prisoners of 1800s were buried from the Ships , the graves are now washed away mostly and bones from these graves litter the Island .

No Gain without Pain , I think the saying goes .

2 Likes

Don’t know about you Eliza but nowadays no gain even with the pain lol. Am of a size where sports bras don’t really cut the mustard even if I did toy with the idea of putting myself into fast toppling mode to make my legs move quicker.

2 Likes

I suspect all this particular old fella is going to gain is an earlier grave than would otherwise have been the case. I just hope that I’m not the one who discovers his body on the cycle path.

2 Likes

Grey, snail-like spirals, or bits of.

2 Likes

When I visited the town of my childhood I was amused to discover that the boating pond was now a fishing spot. So much so I took a photo.

NSW requires a fishing licence (free for over 65s) but that is purely to fund fishing facilities but you can fish just about anywhere without restriction…

1 Like

I thought you would have recognised me from my avatar Harbal…
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Agreed Eliza, the philosophy I have always lived by, and there is nothing wrong with me…
:running_man:

1 Like

Oh no, you are a picture of health, Foxy, this old chap looks a hair’s breadth from intensive care.

1 Like