Another grey cat!

Yet another grey cat searching for food in my garden, but this one meows so must have had contact with humans. He is very hungry but has been here for a few weeks & has now learned how to come through the cat flap. This means I am letting Mr Grey join my other two cats in the rest of the house! I have called the new one Georgie!
He is young ( about 2 years) & I suspect he has lost his home … but he isn’t neutered. :icon_confused:

My man at the RSPCA will come and trap him when he has enough fuel to travel here, so in the meantime I am letting him come into the house when the weather is cold. Mike will check if he has been chipped to see if he has an owner & neuter him if he isn’t. Then we are hoping to find him a good home, as I can’t keep him… but he will be fed & warm till he does.
He is a good looking cat with a grey coat that has lighter grey stripes & a white neck.

Wish me luck with him !

6 Likes

I had a grey cat that I thought was a stray, began by leaving food out for it, eventually he came over to me one day and what a lovely cat he was. Cut a long story short he had got out of his home some weeks earlier and had been living rough ever since. With the help of a cat charity I returned him to his owner which to be honest broke my heart.
There was little love for him there the 7 year old child barely raised his head when I bought Ronnie, as in Ronnie grey, home.

3 Likes

Wish you all the luck in finding him a new home, he certainly came to the right house ,a cat lover who only has the interest of their health and safety in hand.

Thanks for caring and looking after any stray that enters your garden or home, :heartpulse::heartpulse:

Hes a handsome chap MrFraggle67

and good luck Twink55

Ronnie looks a lot like Georgie, but this one wont let me get closer than 3 feet.

Thanks Pauline, You know I will do my best for him! :smiley:

1 Like

This guy actually came up to me when I was hanging washing out after two or three weeks of doing a runner but I have always had an affinity with cats and can usually persuade them I am not all bad.

Just been out trying to persuade Buttons not to be such a bully to Felix he is getting better got him quite close this morning by a bit treat bribery.
Buttons is the one on the slabs.

1 Like

Georgie sounds lovely I’m so glad he found you :slight_smile:

They are lovely Mr Fraggle :slight_smile:

quote=“Twink55, post:6, topic:85603, full:true”]
Thanks Pauline, You know I will do my best for him! :smiley:
[/quote]

I do indeed!!!.:heartpulse:

It is so good to share my news on stray cats that come my way, because you all make me feel I am not wasting my time. When you care for cats that are really only interested in the food you supply, it is hard work but you do get the reward of their trust, in the end.

After a year of coaxing Mr Grey , a feral cat that was injured, he is now my best friend & follows me everywhere… even whe n he couldn’t eat another morsel! You can imagine my joy when he sat with me & my other 2 cats in the lounge last night. I later let him go to his own part of the house, where he can get out when he wants…only to find him & Georgie asleep on my dining room carpet this morning! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thats lovely Twinks…cats can bring such joy can’t they.

As you know I just have the one cat now… George or Gorgeous George as I always introduce him…he has got used to being an only one now but I could tell he was so sad for a while.

Its amazing but in this village where I live now I have only met one other cat his name is Pickles.

Cats adjust well to being solitary pets, but as Rudi has asthma I have made him an indoor cat & that sometimes means he gets bored. He met Mr Grey for the first time 3 days ago , but when he went closer to him Mr Grey just lay on the floor & showed no aggression.
Just like children, if pet are taught a bit of discipline & given a lot of love they are a joy to spend time with.

1 Like

Wish you luck Diane with the Cat.

Mr Fraggle67, You spoil Buttons & he knows it… so he is bound to think he is Top Cat! :rofl:

Thanks Susie! I am hoping he is chipped and has just lost his ability to find his home… but I suppose that is just wishful thinking ! :slightly_frowning_face:

I have to agree, I have noticed he can get a bit jealous if I show attention to another cat but he has to learn my garden is a no fight zone and the five cats that visit my catnip plants are all welcome and bullying is not allowed.:smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Twink it’s sad when cats gets lost :icon_sad: I hope the cat is microchipped and finds his way home.

So do I Meg, but if that doesn’t happen my RSPCA man will look for a home for him. If he fails I will probably have him back here!

1 Like