Angry about hedges!

By the time I dash round there it would probably be out anyway. :lol:

Get a helium balloon and put it on a long string tie to your fence then go around and check which house it is .
Or send a letter to all the houses !

Easiest way is to have a look at Google Earth. It’s a photographic birds eye view of your street and surrounding streets.

She tried that - see post 36.

Aha! Just had email from council. They are coming to look and sending a letter!
They did ask if I could walk around there, told me number, to see if front was overgrown. I told them about the overladen fruit trees that are left to fall and the thousands of plum stones some little animal had been storing under my old shed. So seems like the garden is neglected.
They will hopefully offer help to the lady who lives there, although I hear someone cutting the grass sometimes, perhaps they could help.
I pointed out that I couldn’t ask anyone to cut things back on my side as they would have to use a stepladder, too risky. :wink:

I just hope the owner doesn’t take offence (or a gate).

Just the other two neighbours to sort out now! :shock:

Glad that at least something is happening.

Thanks Dex!

Tess, a bit late perhaps, but this might be of interest to you?

Did your council say anything about charging you for their services?

http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/unhappy-with-neighbours-high-hedge.html

After checking, it seems you are right Dex.

I thought it could be considered stealing if you didn’t return their greenery, but I was wrong.
Apparently you DO have to ask them if they want the cuttings back first, and if they say no, then you have to dispose of them yourself.

They didn’t mention I had to pay for anything. Will inquire.

Typical:confused:

No charges! The chap came just after I popped out to the post office, so I missed him!
However he agreed that the overgrowth was coming from the property behind and is sending them a letter.
Can’t wait for them to cut it back its getting ridiculous!

Good on you, Tess, well done and hope the neighbours comply now. :023:

Woohoo! I woke up from my nap yesterday afternoon and found a 3’ gap at the top of my fence! Someone had cut down the elder tree, jasmine, ivy and brambles there!
It had been raining most of the day so I wasn’t expecting anything!

I now see that there’s a shed in the way on the left so I’m wondering if they’ll come round to cut it my side. Hopefully they’ll continue with the rest if it stays fine, if cloudy today!

You wouldn’t believe the difference it’s made even just that one bit so far! I cut off some brambles and jasmine on Friday that were 4’ - 6’ long, hanging down so I could reach them.

It’s given me new enthusiasm to move plants to where they should be and sort everything out. I grew so many plants in the greenhouse over lockdown which need planting out.
:mini:

Pleased you got it sorted…it will be lighter too

Really pleased for you Tess.

Now could you come over and sort my neighbours out for me next please, cos you’re the expert now. :wink:

Hmmm! The gap is still the same size! They haven’t done any more!
More jasmine and brambles are 6’ long now but I can at least reach them to cut a bit off. The large blob of ivy is now overhanging nearly 6’ over my shed. Hopefully the wind will bring it down ! :cry:

If the wind brings it down make sure it goes back over their fence !
Glad there is some movement at least :slight_smile:

It will Muddy! Even if I have to build a catapult!
If nothing else happens I’ll get onto the council again. :wink:

Oooo! There’s a bald head appearing above my fence and the gap is getting wider! :shock: