Amazon Prime increase

They said they haven’t changed it since 2014? I’m not sure how much of that is true…I only ever use the free trial :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

It is going up by a £1/pm, yet £16 for the year. Hmmm. I know it has been the same price since I started using it.

I think the annual price is discounted. If you pay monthly at the moment it’s £7.99, but the annual fee of £79 works out at £6.51 a month.

Similarly, the new annual rate of £95 works out at £7.91 per month, whereas it’s £8.99 if you pay monthly.

The question is do you really want goods to arrive next day or is it that important? If you are prepared to wait an extra few days and possibly only pay a small delivery charge would that add up to £95. there is always the option of the free Prime trial anyway

I am only paying $59 a year here (£30), I think you are being ripped off

There is always the option not to use Amazon, I’ve found stuff on e-bay at times cheaper, can’t say their prime tv is much to write home about.

1 Like

Hi

I use Prime a lot, still good value for me.

I do too, so am reluctant to cancel. I think while it stays below £100 I will continue and maybe have a reconsider at the next increase.

I just bought a couple of essentials on amazon this morning, and they offered me another months free trial of Prime! I wonder if it will appease people before the price goes up. (I took them up on it, but have noted the date of expiry so I don’t get charged)

I honestly would struggle without Prime. I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, and just lately I’ve found more to watch on Prime Movies than on Netflix.

1 Like

You can cancel right away and the trial remains .

1 Like

Does it? For the whole month? I have done it before with a day or so to go, but I didn’t think it would apply to an entire month - especially if it was the day you agreed to take it on…

Well, it’s quite a big increase, percentage wise, but it’s brilliant value for us, so I’ll keep it.

I order stuff my children want too, and they pick it up from here so they benefit from the free delivery too ( gotta keep an eye on the little wotsits that they pay me for what they order though! especially the youngest :rofl:)

1 Like

I dont mind paying it. I really like prime and I’ve saved a heck of a lot of money using them. I find it excellent value for money

1 Like

Yes, I think so too, it’s really good value for me.

But sssh! Don’t tell them.

Let’s moan a bit about the price increase or they’ll think they can put it up again :scream::rofl:

1 Like

Yes. :+1: That’s exactly what they said on the radio this afternoon, Sheba.
They said Prime was going up by £1, from £7.99 - £8.99.

1 Like

Just do it the next day and the free trial continues for the month.

1 Like

Ok thanks! :+1:

Peanuts in the scheme of things for what you get for your subscription - still cheaper than a TV licence.

Martin Lewis says to cancel your account now and then take on an annual account before the price rise.

1 Like