All Episodes Now Streaming

Years ago, before we had all this streaming, catch-up, record, pause, etc. I used to ‘binge read’ books, and often forgot to go to bed until the small hours (or sometimes, the not so small hours :rofl:).

2 Likes

Guess books are old time equivalents to streaming. Each chapter is like an episode.
Yes you can get caught up in the story, just read another page, and poof the time has flown by :grinning:

1 Like

Yep that’s me I haven’t got the patience to wait a week between episodes.

2 Likes

Because I like to wait & there are other things I watch.

1 Like

That is fine for those with a semi decent internet download speed, but mine is absolutely crap! Sometimes I’m lucky if I can receive 2meg but usually its just below 2, so iPlayer just bogs down. I have no option but to watch things live as it hits my TV aerial.

2 Likes

Team B unless it’s a complicated plot line that we’re likely to forget in the meantime.

1 Like

I can’t be doing with waiting to watch every week.

I’m on prime amazon…I have to see the whole series like you,Bathsheba, I’m impatient as well…

1 Like

With any series, I will watch one episode a day, unless there is something else on I want to see on that day. I really can’t relate to people who binge-watch and see everything all at once. I only watch TV for a few hours a day and can’t sit in front of it continually.

2 Likes

Totally me too!

Yeah, I guess there’s something to be said for delaying gratification :wink:. Not me, though, I’m too impatient!

Oh that’s a toughie LD, how frustrating. Anything in the offing to address the issue? Is it your provider, or an issue where you live? My brother had that problem where he lives, but it was sorted out a year or so ago and it’s made a huge difference.

Oh it doesn’t have to be too complicated for me to forget, haha!

Welcome to team a) Pauline :blush:

I’m generally pretty much the same. I get too fidgety to sit looking at the TV for too long, I need to be doing something. But sometimes, very rarely, I have been known to watch 3 episodes back to back. It is very rare, and only when the series is so very edge-of-the-seat stuff! Watching 2 episodes is less rare, but even then I don’t often do it, just one a night suits me perfectly.

1 Like

Unfortunately for me, I’m connected by overhead wires AND I’m the last connection from the connection cabinet, then to compound already dire issues, my local connection cabinet is the furthest from the area repeater station. We were promised cable from the government’s broadband uplift, but that has only just started to be laid and even that is on the far side of town away from my location.

1 Like

Well that’s a start at any rate. When it finally reaches you, your life will be transformed!!

(Oh how did we manage 40 years ago, when none of this even existed :rofl:)

1 Like

@LongDriver Oops, I have only just realised that my last comment could have been perceived as being rather critical, patronising even. It really wasn’t meant that way!! Just an observation of how massively our lives have changed over time to the point where a poor internet connection can quite severely impact our day to day lives.

2 Likes

Just been binging on Jack Reacher on Prime, I’ve just read the book and the series stayed mostly true to the book.

Some years back I had an absolute craze on Lee Child’s books, and read one after another. Then suddenly I’d had my fill and I’ve never read another one since, haha! Which book is it on Prime?

I hate waiting for the next episode in fact I often forget and miss it if I have to wait…I binge watched of its possible

1 Like

The first book.

1 Like

I am on team B, because if the first episode isn’t gripping enough to make me watch the next one then I don’t care if I miss it.
Very few TV dramas interest me enough to make me want to watch more than an hour at a time, but then I never have enough time to watch them apart from the hours they are usually shown.

1 Like

I’ve just looked it up and I see they’re just calling the series ‘Reacher’. So I imagine they have plans for several seasons!

I’d read the book before, in fact I’ve read them all, but I wanted to refresh on the 1st one just to see if it followed the book.

I like to see at least the first 3 episodes, if it hadn’t grabbed me by then, I’m out. If it grabs me too much I’ll binge watch an entire season. :grinning:

1 Like