All Creatures Great And Small - Season 2

All Creatures Great and Small: Series 2. FRONT LEFT TO RIGHT: - SIEGFREID FARNON (SAMUEL WEST), JAMES HERRIOT (NICHOLAS RALPH) & TRISTAN FARNON (CALLUM WOODHOUSE). BACKROW: HELEN ALDERSON (RACHEL SHENTON) & MRS HALL (ANNA MADELEY).

New second series is on its way - with Channel 5 unveiling these first look images this week.>
MRS PUMPHREY (PATRICIA HODGE)

MRS PUMPHREY (PATRICIA HODGE). Picture: Channel 5/Playground Entertainment

All Creatures Great And Small 2021 air date

Series 2 of All Creatures Great And Small will start on Channel 5 on Thursday, 16 September at 9PM and continue weekly.

Series 2 will have six episodes while another Christmas special has already been confirmed to air later in the year.

For now, you can watch series 1 on Channel 5 and online via My5.

All Creatures Great And Small cast

The cast will see the return of Nicholas Ralph as James Herriot, Samuel West as Siegfried Farnon, Anna Madeley as Mrs Hall, Callum Woodhouse as Tristan Farnon and Rachel Shenton as Helen Alderson.

Meanwhile Patricia Hodge (1) joins in the role of Mrs Pumphrey, replacing the late Dame Diana Rigg.

New for season 2, Dorothy Atkinson will play Diana Brompton and James Fleet joins as Colonel Merrick

The surprise TV hit of last year … :astonished:

TBH, I never thought I’d like it - I had fond memories of the original … :slightly_frowning_face:

However, I liked Nicholas Ralph from the start and the other actors slotted remarkably well into their parts. All the period detail seemed right while the plots were undemanding but interesting. The Dales, as the backdrop, was, of course, the star … :slightly_smiling_face:

In the end, I watched the series all over again so it it’s fair to say that I am rather looking forward the the new series … :wink:

(1) The lovely Patricia Hodge came to my attention in The Naked Civil Servant, confirmed her charisma in Rumpole of the Bailey and was ethereally beautiful in Hotel du Lac … :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I loved season 1!

1 Like

Yes, we’re looking forward to it.

Me too. But this version is very watchable.

I started watching it, but to me,the old series was better & I never watched any more.

1 Like

Reminder:

Where the Heart Is

It’s spring in 1938, and James’s parents are overjoyed when he’s offered a position at his old mentor’s forward-thinking practice in Glasgow.

Thursday, 16 September, 21:00

1 Like

Well, the first episode of the second series was a masterful continuation from the first series … it looked like nothing had changed but, of course, it has … :wink:

James Meets Helen

… and they exchange a smile!

I gave up on this a couple of episodes into the first season, it didn’t seem a patch on the original, but then I watched an episode of the original and was amazed how dire that was too. Just not my thing I guess…