Alexa et al

:lol::lol: That was funny.

That’s a really good idea, Tachyon! I did read that a lot of people with memory problems use alexa for medication reminders, or where they put certain things like keys etc, so this is really putting it good use. And as you say - a lot cheaper than paying the council! It probably gives you peace of mind too.

I have an echo dot and just use it for music. I get music free so I’m guessing that’s because I am signed up to Amazon Prime? I’m not interested in connecting it to light switches or automatic toilet seats or anything, that’s just lazy Privacy doesn’t bother me either. If China wants to tune in, listening to me blaming them for a World pandemic, then so be it.

Exactly this!
When the darned thing can’t make out what you’ve deliberately and carefully said to it, there’s just no way could it ever be an effective spying mechanism.
None.

Yes, All of mine were gifts and I use use them as you do.

I have tested mine, with a simulated fall down, and shouted for it to get help. Set up correctly, it does call a list of helpers.You can talk to them whilst lying there with a broken leg! :-p

Better than wearing one of those (expensive) necklace things.

Also, not bad when watching quiz programs as you can get the answers (but everyone hears you doing it).

Not if you switch on Whisper mode :wink: If you activate that in settings, then whisper to alexa, it whispers back. Very spooky!

Err Nope, not for me. :lol:

Oh, you don’t know what you’re missing.

I don’t mean just the farting game. Read back, because there are some examples of how Alexa can be a real life saver in an emergency.

That’s why I would never waste my money Zaphod. There is no way it would be able to decipher my accent.

Just out of interest, I said to alexa that I was bored.

She offered up a Fart Rap to amuse me.

It was actually quite good. Not to be repeated though :smiley:

:lol: A piece of electronic equipment with a sense of humour!

:-p:-p

Susan… Alexa got muddled up. She knows you log into this forum and meant to remind either Muddy or Tiff :wink:

Did you put her straight? :lol:

Well Pesta whatever it was I asked her to remind me about got lost in the confusion because I forgot what I asked her to remind me to do , I couldn’t believe she told me to remember to go riding so something important got forgotten …

But yes she possibly should have reminded the other two girls :lol:

Hi

I have both Alexa and Google.

Motion Sensitive outside lights, Ring Doorbell.

I can control the inside lights, fishtank, cooker etc by voice.

I think they are great.

Pixie.
I will start by saying that my stepdaughters job is working very hard to stop fraudsters breaking into your bank a/c. Technology is her world. Her home is Tech central.
She alerted me to this ‘thing’ some years ago, long before Alex came along.
She did a live ‘demonstration’ in her home.
She told us to talk about dog food. She’s never had a dog and I haven’t had one for some years ( way before the internet)
Low and behold up comes adds for dog food on her laptop.

[quote=“Petra, post: 2034009”]
Pixie.
I will start by saying that my stepdaughters job is working very hard to stop fraudsters breaking into your bank a/c. Technology is her world. Her home is Tech central.
She told us to talk about dog food. She’s never had a dog and I haven’t had one for some years ( way before the internet)
Low and behold up comes adds for dog food on her laptop.[/QUOTE

Something odd about that.

If Alexa hadn’t yet come along, what was listening?

:-p:-p

Tesco.
Smart phones and laptops.

Sorry about the ‘Tesco’ obviously that was meant to be Tedc.

[quote=“Tedc, post: 2034071”]

[quote=“Petra, post: 2034009”]
Pixie.
Low and behold up comes adds for dog food on her laptop.
[/QUOTE

Something odd about that.

If Alexa hadn’t yet come along, what was listening?

:-p:-p[/QUOTE]

Her laptop Ted !!

Donkeyman!

[quote=“Donkeyman, post: 2034222”]

:surprised: