A very big ship

Kind of reassuring that it’s there.

1 Like

Oooh!
When all those salty sailors are ashore maybe I could be employed to stand in and have a bit of a tinker with the controls and various bits and pieces? I haven’t seen anything advertised on Indeed alas!

1 Like

Well you could do that and stand in as a top tinkerer, and I’ll sell the tickets to watch :joy:

1 Like

Many a true word spoken in jest as they say.
I remember hiring out a boat on The Broads some years ago.
It’s a a wonder that I didn’t receive a lifetime ban from Norfolk .

1 Like

Oh heavens! Sounds like fun though…I’d like to do something like that. I quite fancied life on a canal at one point…staying still, of course, not driving :joy:

1 Like

It was fun, I love boats, hate cars love boats :wink:

2 Likes

Very soon cars will be doing the same speed.

Thats if there are any cars left with prices going up…I wonder how much it is to buy a horse :thinking:

1 Like

My dream to own and live on a canal boat.

https://canalboatuk.com

2 Likes

Yes! Me too :+1: My daughter lives in Edinburgh and we go and see the canal boats there. Some are really decorative and fancy!

1 Like

This is only a few miles from my home, so I braved the weather and decided to see if I could get a few shots of this boat before it leaves. Not my best stuff, as it was not long before sunset and blowing a gale.

5 Likes

Love the detail in this, Graham!

1 Like

It looks like parking’s a problem or have all the planes just been washed and put out to dry … :laughing:

1 Like

Deleted
Thanks for taking the trouble. I see you are from Hampshire.

1 Like

A lovely idea, an old friend of mine spent some time living on a canal boat in Little Venice, unfortunately there was a downside, drug dealers, fights, etc on the towpath.
I’d love to have a go on a canal boat…sedate but hard work I’d imagine, probably expensive too if you’re going to go for the holiday experience next summer.

1 Like

Well, this went from “aww how lovely” to “wow, what the heck?!” very quickly :flushed:

1 Like

Perhaps I’m guilty of comparing an idyll to reality?
I’d love to take a trip on a canal barge , just wouldn’t want to live on one.

1 Like

Yes me too…a gentle weekend in the summer would be just grand!

1 Like

Just my luck, my ship came in and I wasn’t paying attention to where it was. Oh well, I may not be ship-shape but I’m not in bad shape, for the shape I’m in!

1 Like