A Special Song Played For Your Offspring?

My (almost 60 year old) Daughter spent the day painting cladding on the outside of my house.

At the end, I offered her some money for doing me this big favour.

“No Thanks” she replied, and went on to remind me of a song which her Mum & I used to play, for them, when they pushed for some cash when they helped out.

That Song was “No Charge”, by Tammy Wynette.

It still makes me laugh, when I remember, as it was such a good lesson for Pushy Kids!

Do you have a memory song like that?

4 Likes

That is such a lovely story @Tedc. I wasn’t familiar with that Tammy Wynette song, so I went on YouTube. Hope you don’t mind me posting it here.

2 Likes

When my son was born in 1980, Mike Berry had a top ten UK hit with “The Sunshine of Your Smile”.
Any time I hear it, it reminds me of him and, I am happy to say, he still makes me smile.

1 Like

Still brings tears to my eyes!

Thanks

2 Likes

Gosh! That brings back memories, Tedc! :grinning:

1 Like

Didn’t think you’d be old enough to remember it, Mags!

:man_white_haired:

1 Like

@Tedc … still young at heart Ted :grinning:

2 Likes

Tedc, Tammy Wynette’s songs always carried a message ! How nice that your daughter remembered this song & reminded you what it taught her.

2 Likes

I could do with your daughter Ted to paint my fence, my son is no help he has enough of his own to maintain with 7acres all fenced in.

I used to sing ‘Morning town ride’, and ‘Puff the magic dragon’ to my son when he was being fed as a baby or going to sleep, I don’t know if he remember that.

2 Likes

Be careful Meg, when they see your baking there will be an army of them coming round to paint your fence! Just make sure they do the painting before they do the eating. :rofl:

2 Likes

Of all the songs I used to sing to my children when they were tiny, 'Puff" was their favourite. When my granddaughter came along, I started to sing it to her too, and she soon had it as a firm favourite. I found a beautiful picture book telling the story, with all the words, which I bought for her so she could follow the story while I or her mum sang it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Sorry, Meg! She’s just decided to come round and paint all the wood again.

Says that it’s so long since I bothered to do it that it’s become porous!

2 Likes

@Bathsheba thats a coincidence Bathsheba, ‘Puff’ was written by Peter of Peter Paul and Mary wasn’t it :icon_cool: .

2 Likes

Yes, that’s right!

1 Like