A new holiday park

Looks nice.

I love park homes. Says freehold but nothing about ground rent.

RIGHTMOVE says:

• Subject to ground rent chargeable at £3400 plus Vat per annum which includes water, sewerage and refuse costs. Electric, LPG gas and council tax at the new owners costs. Pets and children are welcome.
  • There are no age restrictions at the site.
  • The park homes can be ‘let’ to friends and family only therefore are not suitable on a commercial basis.

https://www.barhamleisure.co.uk/pampas-park/

I wouldn’t get that price if I sold my bungalow, and just the mortgage would take all of my state pension and more besides…And it’s doubtful I would last the 25 years anyway…I’d be 99
:astonished:

1 Like

Been going for a few years.

1 Like

Grab a bargain near me then!

You are right Dianne - great prices for excellent properties. Obviously would have been even more attractively priced if the exchange rate was still around the 1.30-1.40 euros to the pound. But at 130k euros (roughly £108k) the stone built house is excellent with only the need for an additional bathroom upstairs and decoration. Maybe new kitchen - but surely we are talking about an extra 50k if you do some of the deco work yourself. Still an incredible 3000 sq ft of living space and lots of out buildings with huge potential.
Nice area too. Many years ago I’d a holiday near St Jean d’Angely - lovely town.
Unfortunately, as I understand it, the market for British buying in France has fallen through the floor. A few are still buying but the visa, residency rights, need for an agent in the house transaction, the exchange rate, 90 day rule and the poor exchange rate all make it harder and less appealing.