A happy bunch at this Legion Hall

People at the post were looking at it for 60 years thinking it was a fake.

3 Likes

Awww, I adore a feel-good story! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Bids are already topping $4 million. That’ll get a few tiles for their roof and a new stove, eh? :joy:

3 Likes

They should rename it to The Legion Hall Rockwell Built. Good for them, being vets they deserve it!

1 Like

Absolutely…

I have a question about vets…I’ll pm you, so this doesn’t go off topic.

1 Like

Awww … I’m into vets, but of the Noel Fitzpatrick type :wink::+1:

3 Likes

Ignore the song and read the sub text. The song is great the sub text is true and heart breaking.

2 Likes

Ours are treated appallingly too and some are even pursued through the courts for so called non soldier like conduct :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Very easy to point the finger from behind a desk etc. The accusers have no idea what its like to be in battlefield conditions where kill or be killed is instilled into each and every man!

3 Likes

When I was old enough I tried to enlist. This was just after Vietnam. I have pins in my right leg from a motorcycle wreck. If you have metal in your bones the don’t want you. Tried 5 times all branches, same reaction. Knowing what I know now I’m glad I didn’t get in. I don’t see why any young person would. People just don’t appreciate the price of freedom. They just want to enjoy it. IMHO :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

3 Likes

What shocked me the most when I tried to enlist and was turned down for service for the above reason. I asked “If there’s a war and they institute a draft could I be drafted?” the answer was “Yes”. To me that said I good enough for you in war just another body, but in a time of peace you can’t be bothered with me. Doesn’t leave you feeling real good about your country. :weary: :weary:

2 Likes

I am ashamed of my country since the Blair government. The idiot ruined almost everything.

2 Likes

I like the picture.He’s probably been peeling spuds in the army and now he’s home doing for his mum:)
I would never enlist.If the politicians want to fight let them do it among themselves.

1 Like

1963/4 Hong Kong, where the Army was begging in general for sign ups.
…likewise his late Dad begged also…after a very naughty episode in the Sweet Cages with a Young Manager…where he once worked at a Woolworths Store. :icon_lol:

1 Like