A funeral of note

We watched this sad event just a few doors from us. But they did beautifully. All the correct attire, the hats, dark veils, just eloquent. And the hearse with the carriage and the four black horses.

We don’t often see that but actually it is the second such since we moved here three years ago.We watched this sad event just a few doors from us. But they did beautifully. All the correct attire, the hats, dark veils, just eloquent. And the hearse with the carriage and the four black horses.

We don’t often see that but actually it is the second such since we moved here three years ago.

Wrong forum.

I wonder if I will have black horses.

1 Like

We live right next door to a churchyard so see many funerals. Our bedroom has a view of lovely old trees, the church itself, the paths and all the graves old and new.

When it’s a real local person the church is packed and the floral tributes are amazing. Newcomers to the village less so.

We have a few settled traveller families in the village and their funerals are a sight to behold. Glass carriages, black plumed horses, everybody wearing black with sable furs, sunglasses, veils and funeral directors walking in front of main carriage. Following that is a selection of top of the range cars with pony and traps, flat bed trucks bringing up the rear. People come from all over the country and the last one I saw had 65 vehicles in the funeral procession. A local funeral director told me they always have the deceased person embalmed and the coffin is often lined with lead. No expense is spared.

My big fat gipsy funeral ?

1 Like

A funeral is always a nice way to say “Goodbye” But I always think that the deceased would have preferred all that care and attention when they were alive!

I know I would :smiley:

I am not having any kind of funeral - so no black horses for me.

When I go I shall be wearing the suit I got married in. It will be 60 years old in August and at least I will have worn it twice! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well that thread wiped the smile from everyone’s face. :grinning: