A Coincidence Or, Weird?

Oooh, or when he takes it off, there’s one of those ‘orrible tentacles under it :scream:

Quick, call Netflix, we’re onto a winner!

1 Like

Maree, Check out these Zoomies sunglasses. That’s how he could see what shop l was in and find me…

1 Like

That is Spectacular. :smiley:

1 Like

All’s well that ends well, Art.

It may have all been a series of coincidences and he may have been perfectly innocent but it never hurts to go with your gut instincts and avoid potential problems if you can.

I remember one Summer about 40 years ago, a friend and I were spending a few weeks with my Aunt, who had an apartment on the outskirts of a Spanish holiday resort.
We were walking along the coast road about 6pm on the way back to my Aunt’s house after a day out and decided to walk along the beach for part of the way, as the beach was parallel to the road.
We were only about 2 miles from my Aunt’s apartment, when we noticed two guys had walked past us up on the road, then they turned and doubled back to walk down some steps on to the beach from the coast road and were walking along the beach some yards behind us.
We both felt a bit spooked out by them, although we couldn’t say exactly why. They made no attempt to talk to us or chat us up but we felt sure they were following us and discussing us - it’s hard to say why we felt so uneasy but we both felt the same.
When we got to the next set of steps from the beach back to the coast road, we decided to get back on to the road to complete the rest of our journey back to my Aunt’s apartment to get away from them - then we noticed that the two guys also took the same set of steps and were walking along the road behind us. That made us more convinced they were following us - there was not much traffic on the road and we felt very vulnerable - we tried walking faster and could hear their footsteps walking faster behind us.

As luck would have it, we saw a bus approaching from the opposite direction, so we ran across the road and flagged the bus down.
We got a ticket to a nearby town, where we knew there was a taxi rank next to the bus station, then got a taxi back to my Aunt’s - probably a ten mile round trip when we had only been two miles from home!
We felt it was worth it, though, to be on the safe side.
I don’t think I’ve ever felt as spooked as that before or since.

2 Likes

Boot, l am glad that you can understand. Like me today, it was probably something or nothing but you just go by your gut feeling.
I am not usually such a scaredy cat but l was today.
He seemed as cold as ice…

2 Likes

I must admit, there are some really weird people about these days.

1 Like

He seems quite harmless to me.

1 Like

Yep, but whilst they are in here, no one else is being bothered by them. :laughing: :icon_wink:

1 Like

I think you were right to be concerned Art . Good you were vigilant. Those glasss sound wierd too , how could he walk normally in them if they magnify. Glad all is well

1 Like

You got back to the bus stop where you started, there had been a massive fire, the rubbish bin had melted, half the bus shelter had melted, there was an acrid smell, you looked down a saw those sunglasses looking up at you and a squidgy pink plastic hand. A mobile phone was ringing inside your head, the theme from …

1 Like

d00d, That is very funny. I see the book coming along nicely!

Then we’ll do Netflix!

1 Like

Actually there is an update on this…

Whilst in bed last night, l was thinking about what had happened and trying to rationalise my fear.
Then l suddenly remembered. When l said to him that he was on my bus coming over. I also said, ‘You got off by the university’.
He replied, ‘Yes, at the Y***’.
I said, ‘ls that a pub?’
‘Yes’.

I then got my mobile phone and googled the pub name… It’s a gay bar.
Then my fears seemed to subside…

Do you always carry a very shrill attack alarm? All the females in my family do not leave their homes without theirs. The model they have is deafeningly loud and would always draw attention.

2 Likes

LD, l think there was one in the house years ago?
The thing is in these days, no one seems take any notice of car alarms even. Would some treat personal alarms in the same way?
What if the person was innocent and l was overreacting?

If you felt uneasy, then just the act of showing the person your alarm will usually see them back off and leave your vicinity. Two of my daughters and my eldest granddaughter have used this ‘showing’ to very good effect and so far none of them have been forced to set the alarm off.

1 Like

I do like a twist in the tale.

2 Likes

… Only Fools & Horses, as a yellow three wheeler whizzed past on the pavement, with the words London / Paris / Yorks on the side. This gave you an idea: The University Gay Bar down the road attracts custom for yellow three wheeler types, there’s always a dozen or more in the carpark at any one time. So you thumbed a lift as the bespectacled one handed driver caught your eye.

3 Likes

I wasn’t thumbing a lift I was frantically trying to wave him down, to tell him… he’d lost a wheel!

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: