A bit of a low mood tonight . .

Yes I have both Meg, I’ll give that a try now. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Good to hear she’s back home Mups … for both of you. :hug:
Been back with you probably cheered her as much as her own familiar surroundings… not to mention a cleaned bed to remake.
Thing is … you’re there for her and that’s what counts.

Have to say , your vet sounds a wonderful chap,

Good to hear Pip is back home with you, Mups:-)

I’m sure she’ll enjoy receiveing lots of loving care from you now …

MEG: Just got 2 drinks ready, the bovril and the honey.
She wouldn’t touch the honey, but drank every bit of the bovril one. I’m chuffed to bits, thanks ever so much.
I had been mixing a drop of milk in before, because she normally likes that, but she seems to have gone off it, so really pleased she liked the bovril.
I’ll check with the vet about the salt content tomorrow, although I only put a wee bit on the tip of a teaspoon in.

He is Morty. Can’t speak highly enough of him. As I said somewhere else, he’s one in a million.

Mups I would avoid milk/dairy of any kind because of the lactose if Pips has had a runny tummy.

Just the tiniest bit of bovril is fine for a couple of days, it will replace lost salts :slight_smile:

Good thinking. Thanks again. :smiley:

I bet you will both sleep better tonight Mups :slight_smile:

So glad all is well Mups.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/05/f6/3f/05f63fdd3bbc296d55715d13ceaad10d.jpg

Hope Pip continues to improve xx

heart warming stuff

Best wishes to you both :hug:

Glad to hear you have your dog home with you x

Just logged in to check, so pleased she’s home with you now. Tell her that Rianna & Casey are sending lots of get well soon wishes (I’m not too good at cannine speak but I think that’s woofty woof, woooof woof :-))

Thanks again for your good wishes.
She slept so deep last night, I had to touch and prod her this morning to wake her up. When she eventually got up I saw she’s wee’d herself during the night. She’s never done that before in her life.

The vet phoned this morning, bless his heart, and I asked him if he had given her anything to relax her because of how deep she slept, but he hadn’t, so we reckoned it was just because she totally ‘let go’ and relaxed because she was back in her own bed.

She is eating little and often, 4 or 5 times a day, and sipping her Bovril drink, but doesn’t want to get up, so she’s had breakfast in bed - and lunch! :slight_smile:

The vet agreed with me that now we can only play it by ear, observe, and see how she goes.

You’ve been given some extra time with her Mups - I know you will caress each minute of it x

You’re probably right Patsy, and yes, I will cherish her time left with me in this world.

I am glad that Pip is home with you, Mups, all the vets in the world cannot replace a loving owner - which, clearly, you are.

Thanks Tabs, dare I say I do believe she’s ‘turned the corner’ today and is brighter in her eyes. She has stopped wetting her bed now, so it probably was the drip made her do it, like the vet said. She has just got up on her own and had a poddle round the garden, then came in and had a small breakfast, now she’s gone back to bed looking quite a bit happier.

I have a gamekeeper friend who gave me a couple of rabbits for the freezer recently, she had cleaned them for me, so all I had to do was cook them. They all love rabbit, but its only a rare occasional treat, and I cooked one for Pip yesterday. My goodness how her nose twitched and her eyes lit up.
So she had some for her tea last night and a bit more for brekkie just now, and it was such a joy to see her enjoy her food again.:slight_smile:

That’s lovely Mups to see her improve
I don’t want to put a damper on your joy, but humans as well as animals sometimes do perk up - I just don’t want you to get your hopes up too much me darlin’ - enjoy every minute with her xx