A bit of a low mood tonight . .

Good to read about good outcomes, may the dog carry on getting better.
I have to agree you have a wonderful vet.
My vet told me if ever my dog suffered from the runs, from both ends, boil all water and only feed them boiled rice boiled eggs and brown bread toast, seemed to work.

Good to hear Pips is doing well Mups :slight_smile:

That’s good news Mups, i’m glad Pips is eating well and enjoyed her Rabbit. Hope she keeps it up.

Thanks Susie. Yes, I hope she keeps it up too. She has really surprised me tonight because she has come shuffling into the kitchen 3 times wanting a biscuit!
I think her will power is bloomin’ marvellous.:slight_smile:

That’s good news Mum … there’s nothing like lots of love and fussing from your Mum to make you feel better;-)

I hope she continues to get stronger :slight_smile:

Thanks Mags. I suspect the others have felt a tad neglected the last few days as they’re being very silly to get attention, especially young Nellie.
It’s times like this that another pair of hands would be helpful!
Never mind, we’re getting there. :slight_smile:

Hi Mups, how’s Pip this morning? You have you make sure and give all of your Pets cuddles and attention Mups.

Pips is continuing to progress thanks Susie. She just had a wander round the garden wagging her tail, and then came in to have her breakfast. She’s gone back to bed now.
Don’t worry about the others getting neglected, they get their fair share of cuddles too. :slight_smile:

Good to hear Pip is doing so well :slight_smile:

Glad you and Pips are enjoying each other, and hope it stays that way for as long as possible.

Well done Pip, there’s lots of life in the old dog yet.

Thanks Losos. She’s doing really well now. I obviously can’t make her young again, but she’s a grand old lady nevertheless.

Got to take Izzy back to the vet now. Her right front paw is hot and swollen!

My paws are hot and swollen too - poor Izzy
Well done Mups you have the magic touch :slight_smile: x

Poor Izzy.

(I’m beginning to wonder if you fancy this lovely vet with all the time you are spending with him. ;-):smiley: )

Drat it woman - you guessed!

I’ll have to borrow somebody else’s dogs when mine are all better. :lol:

Mups what is wrong with Izzy’s paw ? Is it infected.

[/B]
Well sussed Ania :-p

Last night she started holding her paw up and not putting weight on it. There was nothing to see at first, but it felt alot hotter than the other paw. Just before bedtime, it got hugely swollen.

This morning, her bed was wet and it looked like some sort of abcess had burst between her knuckles. It doesn’t look like those interdigital cysts.
This evening the vet couldn’t make it out either. Iz was brilliant and let him poke forceps right into the holes, there were 2, but he couldn’t find anything in there. He said don’t cover it, don’t do anything to it, because he wants to see if it swells again. He wants to see her again tomorrow morning at 11, and if it’s any worse he will have to take her in and knock her out to have a deeper probe. He said it looked like there were difinite ‘tracks’ running up the inside of her toes. She’s lively enough now the swelling and heat have gone down.
Another weird problem!! :confused:

Oh dear :frowning: I find with inter-digital cysts soaking in a warm saline solution (a teaspoon of salt to a pint of boiled warm water) can work wonders :slight_smile:

It must be so painful :frowning: I hope it is better soon …

Yes, I would normally have bathed it with the salt water,Meg, but he doesn’t want me to touch it until he sees what it does on its own, which I admit, I was surprised at.

He says it’s not a simple interdigital cyst. That was the first thing I asked, and she’s never had those. I know alot of Westies suffer with those, don’t they, but Iz never has. (touch wood).