1st Model Plane, It Just Flew Away

Looking back most of his training was so wrong…The Guy was from East London, so was Husband …born in the same Hospital almost to the day…
Seemed they had something in common…
He started off training Husband with lines attached…6 months later he is training Husband with lines attached…me thinks this training relationship is doomed…Mr. Mannering.

1 Like

The Saga is happening as we speak…His last purchase of the newer Radio The Spectrum 7, is out of its silver protective case…The battery is completely flat.
It would be as it has not been touched for many a year…He built a kit Chalet purely for his Hobbies…cost around near on 2000 Euros…and as it was within a certain size no planning was needed…
…Oh but it was in reality…we are in France so rules are not what they seem…
…We were advised to ask at the Marie for Polite Planning Consent…which we went along with as newbie foreigners…seemed this was to make sure all neighbours were happy with our plans…

We had already put up a huge Antenna Tower that winds up and down with a large 3 Element Beam on the top,that was done without asking as we knew as Amatuer Radio Operators we are Permitted to do that…
All went through in the end, only after being told they needed more measurements 1st, took a couple of months though…
They even kindly sent us a bill for the work involved with the no need for planning permission, permission granted!

1 Like

A lot of folks fly electric now, not seat of pants stuff with a temperamental internal combustion engine.

1 Like

oh good- this sounds great!! - don’t leave us hangin in midmast - or tower is it ?

1 Like

Oh NO don’t even think about it spittie - “you wanna fly a what?? - an electric bike ? - wot in the sky?” - who gave him all this whiskey?

1 Like

Well it is not all about planes…that fly away…
The plane was gone…a few days later I called the info to the train line as the line was also in the same area that the plane went down…
…they acted immediately to my enquiry…had you had any report of a model glider landing and likely in many parts near the railway at Bexhill Ravenside section…They sent out the necessary staff and done a search…Nothing…
Bye Plane whoever found you…
Well now I got this out of the Plane Chalet just now…
speed boat
Yay a Model Warrier Speed Boat…has a tale or two for sure…

well do we need to consult with Spitfire for this one or can you give us the low down yaself di?

this man of yours is a warrior not only planes for speedboats what’s that song or film - boats planes and automobiles?

1 Like

OH & his club had to change to electric, it was the only way they were still allowed to fly their planes on the field, even though they were a fair way from houses, the nearest neighbours complained.

1 Like

We bought it when we lived in Bexhill on Sea…was an ideal hobby alternative to flying planes, that disappear or crash or just never get off the ground …bliminn expensive as well…
Princess Park Eastbourne was without doubt, the place to enjoy the speed boat. any also other amenities…also right buy the sea.

It does not say anything about wind surfing for beginners or the lessons you could book for…But most times we were there they were also…Obviously we all shared with many other model boaters as well.
Swans and ducks were at times maybe not so happy at all of us…
The speed boat was great fun and could go as fast as 25 km per hour.but we kept it fair slow in the circumstances…less crowed days we had the throttle on full…Well that would not be me as I was under tuition and had to act accordingly except when, husband say went to the Toilet Block and I was now free…this time though the speed boat cut out in the middle of the lake…gulp…oh dear…there could be trouble ahead…

Futaba Field Force 9 and Spektrum dx8.

nice carpet??

OK Spiteful, :smirk:I knew you would come up with a newer Radio…just bliminn getting to see though you now… :disappointed:

Funny haha…

he’s always been very transparent Di - wears monochrome specs too?

1 Like

Yes trouble…not that I am not use to it by now…
he saw the speed boat in the middle of the lake, out stuck…would not rev would not move a mm, even…ok bright spark what have you done.(bright spark is actually one of his more friendly phrases).
well I thought I would just have some practice unsupervised, but then it cut out on me…right like I said wait until I come back.he stated…Well it’s stuck now, what do we do…should have put in my swimmers…
Penny dropped a surf boarder past by…I asked him if he could get my speed boat as it was stuck somehow over there in the middle…Could not believe the people we have had a little moan about saved the day…well they saved that one anyway…So learnt that the cut out happens too easily. Some weed had got around the propeller and non the less it has a safety feature that allows the motor somehow to run on extremely slow speed to retrieve it …if that should occur
…Well that is what the directions say but the problem did not match the theory…but that did happen a few times. they do actually sell boats to rescue your main boat!!!
Quite a while ago it packed up completely and it was down to two components and somebody with more experience could not decide which one either was at fault,so it just got put in it’s case and stored,
I did have a look to see how much they cost now…UK price was around £180 and the French online stores saw two stores under 100 Euros…That is a good deal… :thinking: :thinking: